My Grandmother's advice


My maternal #grandmother - Lakshmi.
Born to a beautiful lady (Meenakshy) belonging to a rich family who died of typhoid. Her father married again and step mother was worried about her own children and dwindling resources of the great #kavumgalmadom #mannar .

Meenakshy patti (grandma's mother) (L) and my grandmother (R)

At 12, she got married (#1937) to my #grandfather who was 16 years her senior.

She delivered 7 & 6 survived. Being the eldest daughter-in-law in a big #tharavad with 9 younger brothers and sisters-in-law; her life had seen more of downs than ups till her children reached adulthood.

Before she left us, she told me that the cause of almost all troubles of humans is their thoughts, which finds expression through their speech. One lesson I am still trying hard to master - less speech.
Today is her #deathanniversary . What better way to celebrate it than by feeding humans and animals?

We believe that feeding the #crows is a way of feeding the souls.



Looks like she is #happy, wherever she is now!
#oldtimes #blackandwhitephoto #memories #grandparents #lessons #hinduism #rituals

Comments

Popular Posts