Meeting Ganguly

 





June 2017, London ....Somewhere near Admirality Arch.

My husband and I were walking to grab some lunch after visiting the area around #buckinghampalace ...
And I thought I saw @souravganguly .
Ensuing conversation.
I murmur: Looks like Ganguly.
Harish gets excited, throws away his gentlemanly demeanour, claps his hand & screams: SOURAV!
Ganguly stops on his track and gives a sheepish grin. He had hoped to not be recognised as he was wearing a cap!
He quickly regains his balance and his wife @dona_ganguly_39 can’t stop smiling seeing my husband’s excitement.
Ganguly:(says meekly) Hi
Harish (my husband): Never thought I would meet you!
G: (grins)Where you guys from?
Me: Kerala, India. Sreeshant’s land.
G: Here for a holiday?
H: (recovering from being star struck & regaining self control) Yes, we are touring London among other places.
Me: In fact, he was at the Oval ground yesterday to see the @champions.trophy . Still sad that #pakistan won.
G:(mumbling) Our boy’s played well.
Me: Really? That is why they lost like this? That too to Pakistan?
G: It is just a game.
H: (trying to stop me from bamboozle the cricket star) True, if only we had won!
Me: Would have been nice, but nothing can beat your shirtless #celebration at Lords!!
And (obviously) I re-enacted his #famous shirt twirl!😂😂
The #sheepish #grin Saurav Ganguly gave, had to be seen!!
Congratulations on becoming the BCCI President!

Comments

Popular Posts