Documentary on Sri.Parameswaran Moothath


October 1, 2022.

I got the call in the afternoon. And in 2 minutes, I was at the Illam.

Parameswaran Moothath is not related to me. And I cannot even say he knows me. He recognised me. But I loved him. Respected him.

He served Lord #ernakulathappan for 60+ years.

Every morning he was at the temple at 7.30 am….even during covid times.
When his family tried to stop him from leaving home, he said that the government had placed restrictions on people above 60, not 100!!

He maintained his health and lived without anyone’s help till the day he passed away.

I had done an ‘interview’ of him years ago. He does not answer questions. He speaks. You listen. 

A person born in 1917, who has seen #ernakulam grow from a 2 car town to this city…. Who has seen Wellington island being birthed from the sea…

And as all papers like to focus - he is a person who has touched Gandhiji.

I was invited by Nenmanassery Illam in May 2022, to record a day in the life of this grand old man. And this time I followed him around and also got recordings of others in the family.

But there was some more recording to be done…Sadly, it never happened.

So, I used some ‘unofficial’ visuals taken during Ram Navami (April ‘22) …near the temple pond…. where he is trying to find the perfect spot for me to take recording of Lord SriRama’s aaratt.. to kind of bind the whole visual together.

I loved how he says ,”Don’t be afraid, I am here.”

BTW, this is my first #documentary of sorts. Link: https://youtu.be/-1S0TjOJIjA?si=8pFu3HUv-lYcmCUd

I released it today on his first death anniversary as a tribute to the great soul, who lived a disciplined life in service.


#centenarian #aniyappan #parameswaranmoothath



Comments

Popular Posts