Sari from my home

 


പൊറന്താം… That is #talayalam for the home you were born in and this word is used solely by (Indian) women as only we get married and are sent away to പൂക്കാം or പുകുന്ത വീട് - the house you enter to live with your husband post marriage. 

#patriarchy 


And anything received from the first home is ALWAYS special for the girl. And trust me, nothing given by the in-laws has as much value as this. Ask any girl!  😉

Even if it is a മൊട്ടു സൂജി (needle) given by my parents or my brothers, it will be cherished!!


This #sari I am wearing #proudly is what my അണ്ണാ (elder brother) & മന്നി (elder sister in law) bought me when I attended their son’s marriage a few days ago.


I am bursting with #pride !!

Isn’t it lovely??


#sarilove #frommybirthhome #anuharish #orange #green #anuradharish #anuradharish96 

Comments

RAJESH'S said…
Superbly narrated the sari kathai, you look gorgeous in that sis as always.

Popular Posts