Traditional Karnataka attire

 


So cute, no??

At a time when sari is going out of style…


You can hear her move!! The anklets tinkle, the bangles jingle!!


My traditional attire - which I must wear everyday - which my #grandmothers wore until they died is a ‘#pudavai ’. 

Now it is relegated to ‘special occasions’.

I love wearing it…

#madisaar azhagi!🤣🤣

But ask me to work wearing it..

No. I will not.


I do not know how the women of the previous generation did all their heavy labour with the pallu pinned to the right side as we Iyer’s wear the Pudava.


Iyengars have it easy as their pallu is pinned to the left side like normal sari (like this girl’s).


Seeing this young girl wearing this #outfit with all the #jewellery associated with a married woman - #toerings , #anklet, #mangalsutra , big bindi, #bangles - without any hang-ups….made me so happy.


She is so proud of her #heritage !!


#dyingbreed #traditionalwear #cottonpudavai #iyer #iyengar #sari 

Comments

Popular Posts