PDA

 


PDA

Public Display of Affection. 

In the mid 1990s when I got married, there were a couple….
Newly married.

They would not stop touching each other in public. He would lie on her lap when elders were around. Hold her waist or minimum hand while walking.

Everyone scoffed at them. And called them disrespectful. 

And I have never liked being touched. My mother used to always want to pet me, make me lie on her lap and run her hands through my hair, hug me… I used to run away.

Therefore, when my marriage was fixed, I told Harish strictly- No, PDA.

He obeys what suits him.🙄

So, till date, he walks either ahead of me or behind me. When we sit on a (long) sofa, we occupy either ends. When I go to hug him, he swivels away, as if I have some contagious disease! When I do try to hold hands in public, it hardly lasts more than a handshake!🤣🤣

And most of our photos are like two friends (of the old gen, not new!) together.

It’s started to get irritating pretty soon after our marriage! 

(I have never been good at thinking before speaking! I completely regretted what I told him… #truth )

I have taken action now..(#courage to ask someone to break promises takes time!😜🤣)

I need photos with us both in close quarters! He can be uncomfortable. But I don’t care!

I run behind him, grab him and hold tight …to get some photos where we don’t stand like strangers but a man and woman who have been married for 25+ years!!

🤣🤣

Happy birthday, #myman ..





Comments

Popular Posts