The Namesake


First #book of the year!!

After the book was written in 2003, the author Jhumpa Lahari won the prestigious Pulitzer.  Then a movie was made… 

All this happened nearly 2 decades ago… But I read the book just now!

What to do? 

I bought this book from the airport, lugged it all the way to Australia and brought it back home, without turning a page. #stupid !!

The Namesake.

What a book!

Easy read.


Ananya wanted to read my all time favourite -Gone with the wind… I have read #gonewiththewind at least 5 times after my initial read while in 9th grade. Last I read it was in early 2000’s.

And recently I had started re-reading it. But it did not strike the chords it had struck in me when I was in my teens. I quit reading it. 


It made me think about our ‘changing tastes’. #evolution 

And in the #afterword of Namesake, the author #jhumpalahiri has written about this. 


So, here’s to #change - the only constant!!


#newyeardoneright #2024 #newbeginnings #newbooks #morereading #bookstagram #namesake 

#pulitzerprize #bookawards 

Comments

Popular Posts