Meet Smt.Rani


 Only after reaching home did Ananya realise the bracelet was missing.


We searched inside the car, went through her sari.

The bracelet was in her hand when we took the last photo. 
We rushed back to where we had parked - Durbar Hall ground. 

Harish searched the car park area while Ananya & I retraced our steps to the function hall.

We told the hall security & car park managing kudumbashree women about the missing ornament & left our number with them.

Durbar hall ground has a huge lawn and shaded trees. Cars are parked in the periphery. It is a thoroughfare for pedestrians.

Ananya was very upset. As were we. Yes, it was expensive jewellery and had sentimental value, but was there any point in upsetting an already upset person?

When we reached home, a call came.
“അത് കിട്ടി!” (“We got it.”)

We rushed back & yes, it was my bracelet! 

“How did you find it?”, we inquired.
“I prayed to God and asked Him to help me find it”, replied Rani chechi.

She need not have searched for it. 
She need not have informed us about finding it.
But she did.

I met her some days ago & we talked.  

She works at the ground parking from 7 am to 7.30 pm. She lives in Palluruthy and every morning brings breakfast and tea from her home for her sick colleague. 

She used to work as Railway cleaning staff. After just 2 months of her hysterectomy, she had rejoined duty, when she had found a gold necklace on the platform. The reward from the happy owners never reached her!
Her husband sells lottery (often). Her married daughter has 2 kids. 

“For me Jesus & Ernakulathappan are the same. As long as I am truthful, I trust them to find me solutions. 
My son had wanted to join A/C mechanic course. My husband came home one day with unsold lottery tickets. Two tickets won ₹5000. Then I got a commission on it too! And there was the money you gave... I told my son. It is ‘good money’. 
We pooled everything and now he has joined the course. But classes starts only after 2 months. So he is working as a luggage handler in the airport.”

Hard working. Truthful. Hopeful.

People like her are the reason the world is going round.

Comments

Popular Posts