Jackets

 


Jackets…

I have loved it so much since my teens. I think it was in an Archie comic I saw the ”jacket over t-shirt” look… the cool version of the 3 piece business suit. And Bollywood has only fanned my desire.

Getting married and settling in hot Kerala did not help me fulfil my dream of wearing a jacket to look ‘dapper’!

But, when I saw this jacket about 17 years ago in Wills store, I had to buy it. It was love at first sight. Perfect colour and fit. Everything was just right.

When to wear it?

Where to wear it?

“We will take care of it later. Let’s just buy it now,” is what I told Harish and he p(l)ayed (along). 

I took it abroad once where the trip advisors recommended “light jacket or shawl”, but I got so cold that I wore too many layers and this jacket did not fit over the extra inches!!

Both my girls have asked me innumerable times for this, but I have never had the heart to part it. They have worn it, but it is mine!!

Today, it was raining.

And I had to go out and sit in an A/C room.

Perfect!

It was a dream-fulfilling day, of sorts!

How do I look in my vintage Denim jacket??

Comments

Popular Posts