Reading




We are (mostly) a family of readers.

No kindle, please. Just print on paper. 

My mom, brother , myself, Harish & Anaka can jump into the pages and get lost for hours.

While we all used to have a common genre, Harish has initiated a change… From fiction to reality…He is buying a lot of autobiographies & human psychology books now. 

This is worrying as I still love fiction. 

But the last 2-3 books I bought were an utter waste of money. I regret having paid royalty to writers with such poor vocabulary, comprehension skills & flimsy ideas. I forced myself to read 3 chapters and gave up realising I did not have to suffer just because I paid.

So now, I too am slowly joining Harish’s bandwagon!!

Then there are people like my dad & Ananya at home…who hardly understand why we must read.

“Isn’t your life tense enough?”, my dad has always asked when the silence reigns supreme at home!

But … but …on his recent trip home…he started reading the illustrated Mahabharata by Amar Chitra Katha! 🤣


Hope!!!

Comments

Popular Posts